Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Media Center won't read SD cards

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
After getting a LOT of help in removing some viruses, I have found that the SD media card reader that came built in my HP Pavillion computer no longer will read the SD cards. It also did not recognize one of my cameras when I connected it with a USB cord, yet doing that same process with another brand of camera, it recognized.
When the computer was new, I did not need to download the CD's that came with each camera, an automatic Windows wizard would prompt me on what I wanted to do with the pictures, whether I directly inserted an SD card or with using a USB cord.

The auto play wizard did not appear when I inserted a CD either, until I went to my computer/rt. click properties and went through the Auto play tabs, checking the option to always ask me which program I wanted to use, etc. I also checked on hardware on each drive to see if my device was working properly and I ran the "check for driver updates" for each one, and they all said they were up to date, and that they were working properly. So I don't know what else I can do. I ran a microsoft autofix.exe and got that restored, although it isn't quite the same one that came on my computer before, it does work.

Like I said above, I have both a Canon and Olympus camera. The computer would recognize the Canon camera with a USB cord only, not when I tried to insert the SD card in the slot. But when I tried the same thing with the Olympus, I got no prompt of any kind, it did not recognize it. I had to go to MY Computer, click on the right drive( removable disk H) and open it manually, and it worked that way to get the pictures off the camera. So I know I can get the pictures off the camera, but the nice shortcut features that came with the Media Center no longer seem to be connected.

And I also checked to see if HP had any updates, but there is quite a list of things to choose from, so I don't know which updates, or drivers to choose if there were any listed there. I have an HP model a1560N with XP Media CenterEditon 2005. I no longer get free support from HP that I know of either.

So I wondered if you had any advice on what I could do to restore those shortcut wizards.
Thanks

Advertisements