Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remove IE7 from my computer

• Please log in to reply

Barney321

Barney321

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I want to remove IE7 from my computer and use Firefox browser. I have already downloaded and installed Firefox but when I go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs it will not let me remove IE7. There is no option to remove like there is with other programs. And on thing I read said that when IE7 was removed that IE6 would be restored to my computer. How do I get rid of IE completely?

Advertisements

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
In control panel, add or remove programs make sure the box at the top is ticked to show updates.
I havent tried to remove IE7, but my computer shows it because I have the box ticked to show updates.

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I want to remove IE7 from my computer and use Firefox browser. I have already downloaded and installed Firefox but when I go to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs it will not let me remove IE7. There is no option to remove like there is with other programs. And on thing I read said that when IE7 was removed that IE6 would be restored to my computer. How do I get rid of IE completely?

IE is integrated with Windows so there is really not a way completely remove it doing so could cause stability issue with the system.

Removing IE7 in Add/Remove programs will revery back to IE6 (unless SP3 was installed after)

See also the following post.

http://www.geekstogo...-0-t221688.html