Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CounterStrike Source random crashes

• Please log in to reply

☼ Klutz ☼

☼ Klutz ☼

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
my cs:s usually works fine, but recently it crashes mid game. i can play for sometimes a whole five minutes and then CRASH. it doesnt give me the normal Hl2.exe is not responding, but the screen turns black and it is caught on a sound...repeating itself.

i am running a quad core, with 3gbs of ram, 2x8800 gt video cards and can run cs:s at 299 fps. this is a recent problem, and i have never had a problem with cs:s before. can someone help me resolve this issue.

Advertisements

☼ Klutz ☼

☼ Klutz ☼

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
and yes i have tried deleting counterstrike source and re-installing multiple times

Hazlenuts

Hazlenuts

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently had the exact same problem... I was under the impression it was because of the antivirus I had recently installed (Bitdefender 2012) so I uninstalled it. When I restarted my PC, it let me play all night just fine. But today, I turned my PC on again and CS:S is doing the same thing again... so now i'm extremely frustrated.

Hazlenuts

Hazlenuts

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[FIXED]
Try this:
Originally Posted by DIEB4ME
ok this is a simple fix and i stumbled upon it while searching other forums for a os page pool memory problem.
BE WARNED THIS SOLUTION, IF NOT DONE CORRECTLY MAY BE HARMFUL TO YOUR COMPUTER.
Heres the solution:
Start Menu > Run > regedit

Surf down to this key. The REG_DWORD "PagedPoolSize"
Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize". Hexadecimal is listed first.
Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:
Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal.
They both are the same. I recomend using 256Mb should solve the problem.
Code:

Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal
192Mb 0c000000 201326592
256Mb 10000000 268435456
384Mb 18000000 402653184

You do not need anything bigger than 400Mb... in most cases 300Mb is too much as well.

Once you are done, make sure you reboot your computer.

GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!

It fixed it for me :D

Edited by Hazlenuts, 09 May 2012 - 10:16 AM.