Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spell Check in Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Whisperjz

Whisperjz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My spell check in outlook is in French and that is the only language it offers. How do I get it to work in English?
My niece just bought a new e-machine and it does the same thing. If anyone can help I would deeply appreciate it.
Jan :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Office 2007 and OE Spell Check

How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6[/url

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system

[url="http://www.helpmerick.com/outlook_express_spell_check_pardon_my_french.htm"]Outlook Express Spell Check - pardon my french

Hope one or all help.

Fixed link.

Edited by Major Payne, 04 January 2009 - 08:41 PM.

Whisperjz

Whisperjz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you Major Paine - I have asked on several forums and you are the only one that has taken time to reply. I really appreciate the answer - don't like not having spell check - but I can't have it all, I guess!
Jan

Edited by Whisperjz, 04 January 2009 - 08:20 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There are Spell Checkers that can be installed like Aspell, but not sure how well they work. Wait until you go to Vista. Doesn't even use Outlook Express. :)

Spell Checker For OE

Edited by Major Payne, 04 January 2009 - 08:43 PM.

Whisperjz

Whisperjz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for the information. I will not change to Vista until I have to. Everyone I know who has Vista - hates it. I hope I have a few more years with XP before we are forced to go to Vista.
You have been very kind and I really appreciate your help. I also apologize for spelling your name wrong last time.
Thanks again,
Jan

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're very welcome and don't worry about the mis-spelling of name. It's a nom-de-Internet name anyway. :) BTW, I love Vista. Didn't think I would, but turns out the Home Edition isn't all that bad. Of course, I have 3 GB of RAM to run it.