Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless con. speed keeps dropping to 1.0 mbps

• Please log in to reply

lefty_313

lefty_313

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, thanx for taking the time to read my post.
I am using A dynex usb wireless adapter to connect to my linksys wrt54gs. Right now it takes 18-24 hrs before the speed drops. I have had the same problem with my xbox 360 wireless adapter, and the built in wireless in my laptop, and niether of them work at all now, and they both started out this way. the strange thing to me is, when I power cycle the router, the speed returns to 54 mbps. Nothing I can do from the computer helps. i.e. renewing ip ect.. so does this mean my dynex is about to quit working too, or is it a problem with my router?
the problem with the laptop was due to the hardware conflict with all the hp dv 2000 series laptops. I also tried using the dynex with my desktop to make sure it wasn't just my laptop, and it still does the same thing.
Any help is appreciated.

I read a similar post wich said to disable rate adaptive, I have no such setting. There is a rate setting where i can choose 1-54 or let the computer choose best rate, and that is what it is set on. I will try to set it at 54 and see what happens. I will post tomorrow if there are no more problems.

UPDATE: that seemed to do the trick. Thanx for the help.

Edited by lefty_313, 04 January 2009 - 05:20 PM.

Advertisements