Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get wireless N network past 54mb/s speed ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all , hopefully someone might be able to help me , or advise me on this wireless home network.

I have a BT HOMEHUB 2 which is wireless n compatible , , my vista pc has an EDIMAX WIRELESS N pci card.
I have an XP PRO laptop and a PS3 which are both connected to the router successfully.

As the new version 2 homehub is wireless n compatible, apparently capable of speeds much greater than the usual 54mb/s you get with wireless g networks , ,anything up to 300mb/s or so the manufcturers data is concerned.
I am not very savy with networking and although my homehub router is providing a wireless connection to my pc, my laptop, my pda and my playstion 3 , none of them talk to each other as i have tried to set up a nework time and time again to no avail , , however, this is not the reason for the post, sorry for rambling.

My edimax software is telling me that i have 100% signal on all 3 anteneas on the pci wireless n card i have installed on my desktop pc.However, , its also telling me that the tx speed is still only 54mb/s. I expected it to be much greater considering that both the edimax ard and the homehub are wireless n.
Is there some configuration trick that i have overlooked or have i set it all up wrong ? ?

Any ideas, , ?

Advertisements