Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIG VIRUS- WIPED IT ALL OUT

• Please log in to reply

latony555

latony555

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP a520N and recently while on the internet my computer froze upon viewing a website page. I couldn't get it to respond after many attempts so I waited, and waited, and then I just pulled the plug. When I restarted the computer it started showing many filenames and a 6% finished, 7, 8 etc......until 100%, then when I got to my desktop I clicked on Start and went to "all programs", but that page wouldn't even load. I'm writing this on a different computer because my internet explorer has been disabled because of the virus. I have tried to acces System Restore but upon clicking it it just loads the white background and then nothing else. My computer is very slow now and won't close programs, only open them. And I can't even access my "all programs" tab. So basically I can't get to PC Help and Tools or anything. I tried downloading hijackthis.log onto a cdr and then getting it on my computer. However, my computer won't read the cd. I can still access my Documents which is only what I really need,So i was wondering if I should copy the files to DVDRs and then attempting a factory setting system recoverywhich will delete everything. Do you recommend this or is there anything I can do. Also, I've tried the Windows mode at startup but it asks for an admin password which I can't find anywhere. Any help?

Advertisements