Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wrong Forum?

• Please log in to reply

woodworks

woodworks

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
I may have posted in the wrong forum. Is there a way to move it here? It is titled 'What am I looking for'.

Thank you to anyone that can help on either moving it, or telling me what I need.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi woodworks,

You posted in the Digital Video and Audio section, I found it for you. :)

http://www.geekstogo...or-t223407.html

I don't have permissions to move it, a mod may be able to, but I'll just copy and paste it here for you and close the other thread.

Here's what you originally wrote:

I am hoping that someone can tell me what it is that I need.

I am wanting to cut myself out of one picture and insert it into another. I don't know what that is called and I also don't know what it is that I need to do it with.

Hopefully someone can suggest a software that is free that can do what I want.

Thank you for any and all help.
Jay

And an answer for you, Adobe Photoshop is a very popular tool that you can use to do this, although this is not free.

Paint.NET is free and can also help you do the job. This would probably be my recommended choice.

Lastly, The GIMP is also a free software that can get the job done for you.

All of these programs will probably have quite the learning curve if you've never used them before, so make sure to use the Help menu in each to navigate around. Also you could try searching Google for a tutorial on one of the programs, that might help you out also.

Cheers

Troy