Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cahnging the "sa" password

• Please log in to reply

ssalter

ssalter

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I am testing some new software and am setting it up on a server; 2003 Enterprise, SP 2, Domain controler.
This is a test svr and i have configured it to similar specs that are on the svr i intend to load it to, i have run into a little snag though, it seems that the "sa" password is not complex enough for the SQL portion of the install and i am pulling my hair out trying ot figure out where to make the modification. i have a few ideas of how to work around this but i am not sure of the ramnifications of the "work arounds"; and am not familiar enough with SQL and need help. one thing i thought of- was to run the service with an account that I can create, this would give me the ability to manage the password so would this work? since SQL is not needed to run for 'any imparticular user, but run under the credentials of that account. would i have to set it to run even when "not logged on"?
I am going to stop this here for now and wait for some feedback, i appreaciate the help.

SS

Advertisements