Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Breakdown

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Within the last 2-3 days my PC has begun to slow down so badly that I can hardly use it especially on the internet. IE stops due to errors or else runs like molasses. My Outlook Express email has new email coming to the deleted file or it refuses to download email at all sometimes. Pictures seem to be the worst offender either in emails or on the internet when trying open screens - they just do not download or do so slowly to point of exhaustion in waiting for them.

Haved done a complete defrag and disc scan; have utilized all my protection programs but they come up with nothing.

Have Obit Pro, CC cleaner, RegScrub, Malwarebytes, Spy Hunter (which now ceases to function) plus my ESET NOD32 anti-virus program.

Can advise what to do - what programs listed maybe should delete or what better programs to use?

Will really appreciate any suggestions you have as school will soon start and as a teacher I use my PC a great deal for my classes. As it is now, will be maddening try to use the PC at this point.

Advertisements