Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Retrieve email...

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Hi everyone!

Earlier this afternoon, I had just finished downloading email from my webmail to OE, when my video driver crashed and I had to do a hard reboot. When I got back into Windows and loaded OE again, the messages (all but one which was in a different folder) had disappeared. They're not on my webmail either. My guess is that when I had to hard reboot OE didn't have time to save all the messages, but since they'd already been downloaded, they're not on the webmail either.

This isn't a huge deal - It looked like most of the messages were spam anyway, but it would be nice to know what happened...

Advertisements

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
If the Inbox folder was open when you did the reboot, it probably corrupted the Inbox.dbx and OE can no longer read it and created a new one. In the Message Store folder, there should now be an Inbox.dbx and an Inbox(1).dbx.
You could try DBXtract on the corrupt file if you want to extract any of the messages from it.
Here's a link for an older version that's free.CLICK HERE
It doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of the newer paid versions, but it does the job.