Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screen freeze

• Please log in to reply

AgedNovice

AgedNovice

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
When processing any graphics based program it will run for a few seconds and then the screen freezes. I switch off, unplug the power cord and press the on switch to switch off fans etc. When I re-plug the power cord, switch on and start the PC, the buzzer on the motherboard beeps for about a second, goes silent and beeps again. Usually the second time I go through that process the PC starts and works OK. The only clues I have are two errors registered in the event log - events 7000 & 7026.

I have recently installed the ATI Radeon X1650 pro display adapter and increased ram from 512 Mb to 2.0 Gb. All drivers are up to date.

In an attempt to get round the problem I have tried uninstalling the Radeon adapter and replacing it with the original nVidia one; but with this I cannot even get the PC to boot into Windows.

I have a number of system back-up drives, which I have also tried; again to no-avail.

:)

Any help would be much appreciated

Advertisements