Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Data CD-R's

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Can't seem to burn data on CD-R's which hold previously burned pictures. I used to be able to make Data Discs on CD-R's and just keep adding more data later. I have tried it with Use Multisession checked off and also with it unchecked off. Same result: Nero keeps advising me that the disck is not recordable and to enter a recordable CD-R/RW. Has someting happend to my Nero Program?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Has someting happend to my Nero Program?

That's hard to say. You might try removing/reinstalling Nero. I would advise you not to depend on open session CDRs. They are prone to corruption and once that happens, you lose everything, as nothing will read them. With the price of CDRs these days, it makes sense to always close them.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The main problem with sessions is that theytend to fill the disk up pretty quickly, because its not a very effective method of storing data. Therefore you may find the disk is classed as full because the sessions have filled it up, even though you've got next to nothing on it. This happens with XP and Nero too.

Edited by Neil Jones, 04 January 2009 - 05:59 PM.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
When you refer to closing them , are you referring to "finalizing them"?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

When you refer to closing them , are you referring to "finalizing them"?

Yes. No multisession.