Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony CDRW/DVD CRX835E drive error (Error 39)

• Please log in to reply

mf610

mf610

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hi All I have read several other posts for this issue and have tried the suggestions.

CDGone did nothing.
Uninstall/Reinstall processed then said that the drive could not be started and gave me the same error again.

Running Win XP Media Center 2005 on a Dell Inspiron 6000.

The computer is 3 years old and so is the drive. I don't think the drive itself is bad because I can put a disc in and it still spins it. I just have no way of accessing the drive.

This first occurred a month ago when I was trying to burn to a blank CD. The drive froze in the process then my system froze and I had to do a hard boot to get the system back.

Since then, I have had several of my tech friends take a stab but none have succeeded.

Thanks in advance for taking a stab at this issue.

Important to note:
I also have a post in the Malware section as I have found a couple Trojans on my machine and am not sure if I was successful in removing them.

???? Could there be something in the registry causing this??? I am reluctant to modify the registry as I can't find my restore CD and have no way of making a hard copy backup without this drive.

Advertisements