Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no speaker plug

• Please log in to reply

Michele G

Michele G

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought a refurbished computer for my kids to play games on and there is no plug to plug the speakers into - I've never seen a computer without a place to plug in speakers. There is a plug on the front for headphones but it doesn't work for speakers.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If there absolutely no audio connector in the back for speakers/headphones or line out, then you'll need to use the speakers which come with their own built in amplifier which are commonly used for PCs anyway. If you have a stereo system nearby, you could even use it. Great for playing those music CDs. :)

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I bought a refurbished computer for my kids to play games on and there is no plug to plug the speakers into - I've never seen a computer without a place to plug in speakers. There is a plug on the front for headphones but it doesn't work for speakers.

Buy a cheap sound card and have someone install it inside of your pc and you will then get sound by plugging the speaker / headphone jack into the back of the card.

Make sure you buy a Regular PCI sound card as every computer has atleast 1-2 of those slots. What make / model is the pc?

They even have some USB sound cards but they are not the greatest, at least you would get sound and you do not have to open up the pc to install it.

Michele G

Michele G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you!! I will try those options!!