Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no beep, no post

• Please log in to reply

^_^

^_^

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi,
i'v run into quiet a problem here, now i think it may have been my motherboard and i RMAed it alredy, now in the process of replacement or repair, i just want to get an idea of what gone wrong.

i have this 7 month old, first time gaming rig ---->Video and Spec link here

MSI P6n Daimond board with on board Creative xfi sound device
Xfx 8800GT 512
Q6700 2.66 quad core
2x1g 667 gskill ram and 2x1gb 800 OCZ sli eddition ram total of 4Gbs
thermaltake blue orb2 heat sink
vista ultimate x64
250g seagate hdd
ultra 750 psu

So one day, i had some sound issues, so i decide to look up updates for my on board XI-FI sound device, so i update it, and with any hardware update, or any at all, i had to restart my computer, and i do so.
Upon the restart, when it came back on, everything came on, lights, fans, CPU fan, ects.
The screen remained blank, so i thought it processing the updates, so i thought i go for a shower while i wait.
30 min, i go back and check, and yes its still blank. The funny thing was that my monitor went into sleep.

So as you would have guessed i restarted it a few hundred times, i did the whole switcharoow process, check my hardware if it worked fine, did the single video card, single ram, no hdd, no dvdd.

i dont think it was my cpu or psu since i'v been using it for this long, so it shouldnt go bad, and the psu was powering all the fans and lights, i tried 2 different video cards that i know works fine, i dont think it was my monitor since i tried to go S-video on my tv, it still remained blank.

so what i concluded was that the sound device driver update did something to the board to stop making it function properly, boot, or anything of the matter. so i though i'd just rma it. so just wana see what you guys over here think went wrong, what i should have done, any idea will help. thanks for reading!

Edited by ^_^, 04 January 2009 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

^_^

^_^

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i should also mention my razer keyboard and mouse was not fully powered, if it were it would be flashing its logo lights, my keyboard remained unlit and my only the scroll on my mouse remained lit, but the logo did not flash like it should,

Oh and i did the cmos battery process, it even has a button for it.

Edited by ^_^, 04 January 2009 - 09:11 PM.

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Try reseating the memory as well. If that doesn't work, disassemble it and try with just video, ram, and cpu. Narrow it down from there.