Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Boot Up

• Please log in to reply

Bigbus11

Bigbus11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a computer from CompUsa during a going out of business sale. It is a clone, CISNET and CLMB 354-UN is on the cover of the case. The processor is a AMD 1200. The computer worked fine after I installed the operating system, XP.A month later, I received a message that a file in XP is missing. I reinstalled XP and a message appeared and read that to continue may cause the the operating system may not work. I proceeded with the install. Afterwards, the computer would start up amd run through the checks for the cd-rom and floppy drive but nothing else. The computer would not boot up. Also, after hitting the F8 button on start up, it does not go into set up / bios mode.I took out the hard drive and put it in another computer and rerformatted the drive as a secondary drive. Next, I took out the hard drive put it back in the CISNET computer and tried to load XP again but it would not load at all this timel. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you - Keith (removed email address to prevent SPAM)

Edited by coachwife6, 04 January 2009 - 08:55 PM.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have had similar issues on a hard drive that has gone bad. You can try and put it back in the other computer and run tests on it, or replace it and try it again. I would start with troubleshooting the drive first.