Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Latitude 600 Bios problem! HELP :)

• Please log in to reply

Mikecin

Mikecin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Help! I purchased a Dell Latitude 600 Laptop on EBay. (Seemed like a good deal) I've been told I need to find the bios so I can solder it to reset it? Something like that, my husband knows exactly what to do, what I need is a blueprint or a picture of where the bios is located on a dell latitude 600. I'm ready to throw this thing against a wall!! :tazz: Please please help. Thank you so much!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
May I ask why you need to solder it to reset it? You can reset the bios without using a soldering iron!

Mikecin

Mikecin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't need to solder it, but i've been told I could touch two soldering points on the security chip?? Does this sound right? Thanks for your help!!

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I think the best thing to do is describe in detail what the computer is doing and we can help you from there. It sounds like someone is trying to tell you how to unlock the multiplyer on a processer witch is way beyond the scope of trying to get a computer to run properly so no this does not sound right.

We can try and help get the computer to run normally if you explain what happens from the time you hit the power button till the time the problems accur

Rick