Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A couple of questions!

• Please log in to reply

InFlames

InFlames

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I may have posted these in the wrong forum previously and got no replies , so hopefully this is the right place to ask.

1.) Why do some programs or files contain folders that even after you delete them , they end up being recreated no matter how many times you delete them. Is there a way to prevent them from reappearing?

2.) I downloaded a bunch of my CDs to my computer. When I downloaded them I used WMP and they were protected. Now , upon trying to make some mixed CDs from my car , I found I cannot copy them because they are protected. Is there a way to unprotect them without having to dowload them all over again? I was trying to burn with Sonic , Is it just them or can I copy to a CD using another program while they are still protected files?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Edited by InFlames, 05 May 2005 - 06:26 PM.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
as for the replicating files, could you be more specific as to what programs/files this is happening with?

for the song files, sounds like media player recognized the CD, and put protection on them. you might be able to unlock that with the following...if not, this is a much better way to rip songs.

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

also try using nero or roxio for burning.

InFlames

InFlames

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks for the reply.

As far as the file replicating goes , the first time I ever saw it happen was with windows folders that came with the comp. Running XP by the way. There would be folders like Corel Users , PPV , QVC , etc. those are as close to the names as i can remember and I would delete them because they seemed useless , but they would reappear next time I opend up the containing folder which was the My Documents folder. I fixed that by just cahnging the names of the folders to names I would use for something else and that solved the problem. But I recently dowloaded a video game emulator program for nintendo called JNES and the containing folder had similar type folders that would reappear but these one keepo reappearing no matter how I get rid of or change them. Hope this info helps.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Please keep your identical questions to ONE thread !!

http://www.geekstogo...ons-t22205.html

Murray

InFlames

InFlames

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Please keep your identical questions to ONE thread !!

http://www.geekstogo...ons-t22205.html

Murray

View Post

No problem , I apologize. I just was not sure where to post it at first , so that s why I reposted in this section. I will make every effort to prevent this in the future.