Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB datastick

• Please log in to reply

n8cwr

n8cwr

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I just recently purchased 2 USB flash thumb drives. Pushed them into spare usb ports and worked fine. Unplugged them after placing some info on each of them next day I push them back into the usb ports and the system doesn't see them now. I have plenty of drive letters but if you click on any of them it wants you to place a disk in the drive.
Anyone know whats going on?
Calvin

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you use the "Safely Remove Hardware" tool located in the Sys tray before unplugging them? May need to go to Device Manager to see if you have any Yellow?Red flags on the USB port connections.

n8cwr

n8cwr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Ron yes I did and thanks for your help. I went in device manager and deleted them while they were plugged into the usb ports. Then i unplugged them and reinserted them and they made their own drive letter again and this time they now are working. Take care Ron and thanks again.
Calvin

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Love to hear good news! Glad you got them working again. :) Take care.

Corrected grammar

Edited by Major Payne, 05 January 2009 - 02:55 AM.

n8cwr

n8cwr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Ron good thing we have these forums I tell you that or a lot of us (me) would be lost.
Calvin