Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIRELESS MOUSE AND Key Board not working

• Please log in to reply

Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have recently bought a new computer (tower).
I Installed Windows XP with service pack 3, I Initially had problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse. Once I had changed the Bios and fixed problems with the USB ports I found they worked.
This lasted for 3 weeks, and then I booted up one morning & found they would not work.
My mouse and keyboard I have had for 3 years plus. (Worked well on previous computer with recently installed new version of XP as above)
My new mother board is a Gigabyte S-Series GA-MA69VM-S2
With a AMD Athlon X2 CPU
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A
I tried as system restore to a date when they worked X.
I looked in device manager, no problems, all working well X.
Re checked the Bios all ok, USB key board enabled X
Reinstalled drivers for Intelipoint Mouse and Key board X.
Checked my mouse, keyboard, and receiver are working well on my laptop. Yes the laptop detected them and installed drivers within 2 min, they all worked well.
I tried using different USB ports front and back.X
When I unplug and replug the USB receiver on my new computer I some times gets a speech box (from bottom right of screen) saying “A problem occurred installing new hardware. This device may not work correctly”
At 46 I see myself lucky to have a full head of hair, this may not last long as this problem is making me pull it out. If anyone has some advice that would help, I would be eternally grateful.
Thanks Gary.

Advertisements

Hawkmoon

Hawkmoon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry guys if I have posted this in the wrong space. My reasoning is that i have heard SP 3 has some conflicts. I have no details and thougt sme one might be able to help.
Thanks Gary

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try uninstalling the drivers again...reboot with the hardware connected...windows will "find" the "new" hardware and install the drivers for it/them...may ask for cd with the drivers on it so have it handy..