Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disk.sys error?

• Please log in to reply

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Here is the deal, I am just confirming my suspicions that my old 320gb WD HD is dying.

When I plug in the drive and boot, to my 640 with my 320 with my files and try to access it I get a BSOD with a disk.sys error. When I disconnect the drive and restart the errors go away and the system runs fine. And if I do not access my 320 with it connected it doesn't really crash often but when I load up SpeedFan which tries to detect SMART status of the drive it crashes. And If I try to write to the disk it crashes as well.

I am just thinking that the drive is on its last legs and time for a replacement since this drive is about 4-5yrs old anyways.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
so anyone going to confirm if the drive is dying or no???