Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless internet problems

• Please log in to reply

Ashitaga

Ashitaga

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi i have a linksys wireless router WRT54G. When i try to connect to the wireless it says limited connectivity. Why does it say that and how can i fix it.

Advertisements

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
FYI: Most of the time in a forum like this your question has usually been asked already and someone has already answered it. Here is a thread which may solve your problem: http://www.geekstogo...ue-t137725.html
If you still have a problem with your wifi then post with what you did and what is happening now.

Ashitaga

Ashitaga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I tried restarting the modem, i turned it off and kept it off for awhile. I tried turning off the password protection thing, i tried moveing closer to the wireless router, i tried something that had to do with the command prompt it was something like ping 1 something -t, and it still says it has limited connectivity but when i look at the signal strength it is maxed.

Gentoolink

Gentoolink

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Are you running XP or Vista? You have to make sure the settings on the router are the same as the pc. Network Authentication/Data encryption/and network key have to be the same. The password may be the same;but if these are not then it will not connect even if you have a strong signal.