Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd-rom or convertxtodvd wont recognize blank dvd

• Please log in to reply

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
i recently purchased convertxtodvd to burn movies and pictures to dvd or mvies i edited to dvd. everything was fine and dandy with the install but when i was all set to burn it kept telling me that i needed to use a blank dvd-r. well i had a blank dvd-r in there. my dvd rom drive is a phillips dvdram sdvd8821h. my laptop is a HP presario C300. and the version of convertxtdvd 3.0.0.1. i was using phillips dvd+R 1-8x 4.7gb 120 min dvds. but i do nt believe th disc is my problem. is there another program better sutted for burning avi mp4 wmv to a dvd that will be compatible on most dvd players?

Advertisements

Geekstogo1111

Geekstogo1111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i know what you problem is, ConvertXtoDVD is f*****g s**t, thats whats wrong, i purchased the Platinum BETA pack of ConvertXtoDVD 2 days ago, when i try to copy dvds at the end of encoding time when theres 30 seconds left, it goes from 30, 25, 20 and then it goes back to 30,25,20.. when thats finished and the dvd is burning, it stops at 5 minutes and doesnt go for about 4 hours, then 4 hours later if theres 10 seconds left once again it goes 10,5,1,10,5,1 for about a day or two. ConvertXtoDVD is the s******st dvd burning software i have EVER come across!!!!! :) :) :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
To GeeksToGo1111
Please refrain from using profanity as this is a family site. This is in violation of the Terms Of Use of the board.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
ConvertXtoDVD is an excellent program. I spent months testing all kind of burning programs, and at the end, I settled down to ConvertXtoDVD.
If it doesn't work, I'd rather blame it on some computer problems.

Oblivionon360
Does the drive read CDs, DVDs?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Oblivionon360 said "my dvd rom drive is a phillips dvdram sdvd8821h"

Could it be due to he has a dvdram drive and not a dvdrom drive?

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 April 2009 - 07:26 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Probably not, because it's listed as: HP 8X DVD±RW DL Burner SDVD8821H, when you Google it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thanks for the info Broni. I just wanted to make sure

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I had a very same thought, that's why I checked :)