Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

copying music to computer

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
my friend recently gave me his cd's and i wanted to add the songs onto my computer

i entered the disc in and went to windows media player and hit copy music from cd and it did 1 cd and when i went to play it the song waz playing really fast and rushing through, i think this is because my cd drive reads it fast or something so is there something i can do to change that or is there another way to copy over the songs

the only reason i want to copy this to my computer is becuase i dont want to burn the 36 cd's he gave me!!! (plus its handier)

Advertisements

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Hey silverslik1 and welcome to Geeks To Go!
You will need to convert them from CDA format to MP3 format. Because if they are from a Audio CD (which i assume ther are from) they will be in a CDA format. Most mp3 players can do this mine can. (my mp3 player is musicmatch jukebox and it came with my PC so i dont know if it is freeware.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
no its not free <_<
and none of the programs online work eitehr, they still come out fast in the mp3 format

is there anything im doin wrong or anything else i can do?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
what program are you using/ Many times when converting a file to a different format it will play fast. For example, when i use Winamp to convert mp3 to wav, during the conversion the song is played fast. But when i am not converting the song plays fine in both formats.

try winamp-> http://www.winamp.com

ditto

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
it wont let me do it to mp3 format unless i purchase something

Ntd

Ntd

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Do you have a buner? Because Nero has a program that allows you to do that. I think Nero is free too.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
ill try that, thank you

this is an edited message and i just wanted to say: THANK YOU!!, it worked very well <_<

Edited by silverslik1, 06 July 2004 - 06:39 AM.

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
dangit!!!

i thought it would work fine, and i tried the mp3 by nero and it worked, but it had a limit of how much u can do, so i went to where i keep all my software and i had the program so i put it on, and that had a limit also and its the full program, and i dont want to buy anything so i put it all in .aif format but each song takes up 32 mb! when there only suppose to take up like 3 or 4!! help!! <_<