Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

file compression

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I had a copy service store to copy a full page of a newspaper onto a CD. The file turned out to be 9.81 MB. I want to send a copy via email, but keep getting timed out. OK, so I created a compressed (zip) file on the same disk and dragged a copy over into it. Problem is that file shows 9.76 MB - what did I do wrong? or better yet how can I get this down to an emailable size?

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
You can use a image editor to resample an image to a physical smaller size,
Or use a compression program to split the file into smaller pieces.

IrfanView is a fast and simple image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, TGA, and more. It's one of the best image viewer available. Note: IrfanView is free for personal use