Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont turn on! Power not working? HELP!

• Please log in to reply

kae_bayb

kae_bayb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just bought a new HP pavillion laptop and I am having some issues with it. I was playing an online hp game for about 6-7 hours today (a very addicting one) that came with the computer and suddenly the computer shut off. (the fan was making some really loud noises about 20min b4 this) When I attempted to turn it back on, the power light blinked three times and nothing happened, no fan or anything. I took out the batter and cord, held down the power button for 2 minutes, put it back together with the same result... tried everything I could..... even called HP with no luck. When the battery is out and the cord plugged in, the lights DO NOT blink... hmmm weird. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here!!! Please and thank you so much.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I just bought a new HP pavillion laptop and I am having some issues with it. I was playing an online hp game for about 6-7 hours today (a very addicting one) that came with the computer and suddenly the computer shut off. (the fan was making some really loud noises about 20min b4 this) When I attempted to turn it back on, the power light blinked three times and nothing happened, no fan or anything. I took out the batter and cord, held down the power button for 2 minutes, put it back together with the same result... tried everything I could..... even called HP with no luck. When the battery is out and the cord plugged in, the lights DO NOT blink... hmmm weird. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here!!! Please and thank you so much.

It is harder to work and repair a laptop as I suggest you send it into hp to get it fixed or take it back to where you bought it..

If it will not boot up or power on at all (that is what I read) then you will need to get it repaired as laptops are not fix friendly like desktops are.

Do you have a warranty? If not then depending on where you bought it they (MAY) I doubt take it back. If it was bestbuy or a sales store like that I would darn well try and take it back or swap it. If it is brand new like you are saying then you will need to call where you bought it. They darn well better take it back if it is a day or so since you bought it.

Sorry :)

Edited by jrm20, 05 January 2009 - 11:00 PM.