Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble with iTunes since installing Windows Vista Ultimate

• Please log in to reply

Harry J Allstars

Harry J Allstars

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Up until about 4 hours ago I thought my problem was a virus. It turns out I may have some tracking cookies but I don't think these are my problem.

Last week I installed Windows Vista Ultimate and now when I try to load iTunes I basically get told that iTunes won't load because of Data Execution Prevention (DEP).

I've tried disabling it, I've tried "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" as indicated in this link but nothing works.

One or two things had stopped working but I think I may have fixed them, one was my screen saver which I have just managed to fix.

I think things are just having trouble working on the new Windows Vista Ultimate OS.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Harry J Allstars, 06 January 2009 - 12:50 AM.

Advertisements