Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound but says "Working"?

• Please log in to reply

silverstar184

silverstar184

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have a TOSHIBA Satellite X205. I was updating drivers and decided to upgrade my sound drivers. I updated it with Realtek Audio Driver v. 6.0.1.5559. After restarting my computer i come to find that i have no sound. Ive attempted to uninstall all sound drivers and reinstalling the previous sound driver. I tried installing the update numerous times. Still nothing. I have three devices under "Sound/Playback", Realtek HDMI Output, Speakers and Realtek Digital Output - All say "Working" but i only hear sound from Speakers when testing. When i have the Realtek devices enabled and set to default i have no sound but the bars to the right are showing green. What i find odd is even with the sound drivers reinstalled from my recovery cd i still have no sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ~Robert Walker

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
In your control panel, look for sound and audio options. There should be an option for default playback device. Make sure that's set to your Realtek high def audio device. Give it a try and let me know how it works :]