Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound isnt working

• Please log in to reply

silverstar184

silverstar184

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have a TOSHIBA Satellite X205. I was updating drivers and decided to upgrade my sound drivers. I updated it with Realtek Audio Driver v. 6.0.1.5559. After restarting my computer i come to find that i have no sound. Ive attempted to uninstall all sound drivers and reinstalling the previous sound driver. I tried installing the update numerous times. Still nothing. I have three devices under "Sound/Playback", Realtek HDMI Output, Speakers and Realtek Digital Output - All say "Working" but i only hear sound from Speakers when testing. When i have the Realtek devices enabled and set to default i have no sound but the bars to the right are showing green. What i find odd is even with the sound drivers reinstalled from my recovery cd i still have no sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ~Robert Walker

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

<snip>... but i only hear sound from Speakers when testing.

What does this mean? Do you mean you actually have sound, but in some applications you don't?

Do you have the Volume control showing up in your System tray (by the clock)? If windows isn't detecting your sound device or driver, then the volume control should not be present.

If you open Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Audio tab... does the Realtek show up as the default device?

Also, please list the entire model number of your laptop... there are several versions of X205, but all of them have additional numbers or letters following X205-xxxxx.