Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SBS2003 DNS & DHCP Settings

• Please log in to reply

scottsonline

scottsonline

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the correct way to set up the DNS & DHCP settings for Server & Clients?

Also, Domain Controllers: Can anyone elaborate on the best way to set this up on the Server?

Thanks,

Scott

Advertisements

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hrmmm

Fairly vague here. How many servers and clients? What kind of existing network infrastructure do you have?

In all honesty, it'd probably be fairly difficult for you to set up an actual domain if you're putting these questions into play. I'd take a look into something like this: http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/0619217529 Pretty dry reading, but it's a great place to start.

*Edit because I was silly and missed that you already stated which server OS

Edited by lurky, 06 January 2009 - 08:07 PM.