Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

toshiba laptop over heating

• Please log in to reply

jondom

jondom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i have a Toshiba satellite p200d-127
it has a severe over heating issue just running Mozilla Firefox and a few other programs (Everest ultimate) and WLM
just running these programs its overheating to the point of cutting out to prevent damage to the CPU
at the moment its running at 70 degrees (what i think is a joke) as soon as i listen to a song it will return to about 82-89 degrees
how can i sort this issue

CPU Type Mobile DualCore AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60, 2000 MHz (10 x 200)

ps i have a laptop cooler under it with 2 fans in it what is not as affective as i would like it too be

Thanks
jondom :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
welcome to geeks to go.

While you have the laptop cooler under it, it will not help much if the main fans are clogged with dust, or just bad.
Check you fans to see if you can determine if they are on. Look real close to see if there is a lot of dust accumulation.

zixi

zixi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a similar problem with my Toshiba Satellite series A75-S211.

Machine purchase 4-05. Has always run hot, and will auto-shutdown when gets too hot. It has 2 built in fans, and I even use under the laptop a USB power Argus laptop cooler. Is this a common problem? What can I do to keep the laptop from getting so hot and shutting down? After about a month it shuts down hourly, at which point I vacuum the fan holes on the laptop and that helps a little until about a month later and I have to vacuum again. However, I just vacuumed it yesterday and it still runs very hot to where it will shutdown and lose my work. Advice? Is this a common problem for this model or did I get a lemon? Yes, all the fans are working - the 2 in the laptop and the 2 in the laptop cooler underneath it.

Should new fans be bought? Would this help or would they run at the same speed and not benefit?