Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is XmlLayer?

• Please log in to reply

MidwichCuckoo

MidwichCuckoo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My daughter is running Firefox on Windows Vista and when she views the tasks listed in Windows Task Manager there is one instance of Firefox with the site she is viewing and another instance of Firefox detailed as XmlLayer. Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See if this helps:

Standard diagnostic - Firefox

MidwichCuckoo

MidwichCuckoo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks will do a work through

MidwichCuckoo

MidwichCuckoo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thought you might like to know, I have discovered this is due to a add-on toolbar for Gaia Online which is produced by FreeCause.com. I have uninstalled the add-on and the problem has gone away.

Hope this help someone else if they are looking for an answer, I believe this company produces add-on toolbars for several sites including well known charities and facebook.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for posting back with your solution. Seems a lot of Toolbars installed with, not only Firefox, but many other browsers, tend to cause some kind of problem. Glad you got the problem solved. Was the link of any help?

MidwichCuckoo

MidwichCuckoo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes, thank you for that link it helped solve the problem; I am most grateful. :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for answering. Nice to know what specifically worked.