Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Menu Gone Along with Bottom Icons

• Please log in to reply

ariesgirly

ariesgirly

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello, I keep losing the bottom menu from my cmputer if it's on for more than a few hours. The Start Menu disappears & if there are open windows from web pages at the bottom, those disappear also.If I go into the task manager, I can see that these are still open, but not visable. I cannot shut it down properly, so I unplug it from the wall. I think this may do harm to my computer, so I'd like to fix it properly. Any advice? :)

Advertisements

wytboy55

wytboy55

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
your computer might be infected w/ a virus already. I suggest that you go to our malware forum discussions. You can try safe mode and your windows explorer might work in safe mode.

lurky

lurky

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
You're unable to see the listed applications because Explorer is not running. That application is kindof like a card catalog for everything else that runs on your pc. You can launch it again by going back to that task manager, and under the applications tab click "New Task" and typing "Explorer" and hitting enter. If it does it continually, I'd side with wytboy and look to the malware forums.

ariesgirly

ariesgirly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks :) I will try to see if maybe I have a virus. Nothing comes upon Mcafee, but anything is possible these days!