Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pandora

• Please log in to reply

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
any1 use pandora

www.pandora.com

I use it alot, also gives you a chance to listen to other artists u dont know.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I wasn't on the site for 15 seconds before it froze up my browser, and I had to force close it. After I typed in the song I wanted to hear it brought up a "similar" title with a link saying "why are we not playing song name" and of course when I clicked on it that's when everything froze up.

so I give it a rating of waste of time.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

Pandora is an automated music recommendation and Internet radio service created by the Music Genome Project. Users enter a song or artist that they enjoy, and the service responds by playing selections that are musically similar. Users provide feedback on approval or disapproval — which Pandora takes into account for future selections.

source

that makes it a real waste of time if I cant hear what I want to hear.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
That's a pretty stupid deduction BHowett.

Critiquing something you have not used or understand does not give your argument much credibility.
Pandora is a really intelligent project that allows you to listen to music that fit's your taste for free, that it doesn't work on your PC does not diminish what it's there for.

Edited by Mike, 09 January 2009 - 08:35 PM.

Dyamond

Dyamond

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I believe his point was, it was a waste of time because it did not play what he wanted to hear.
I can understand that.. If I wanna hear something by Taylor Swift, I would not want to listen to someone who is a "similar" artist. If I just wanted to listen to music, I would give it a go. :)

By the way.. Its not very nice to call someone/someones opinion stupid. :)

Edited by Dyamond, 09 January 2009 - 09:02 PM.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
A stupid opinion is a stupid opinion. The person who has the opinion is not stupid in any way. I've made my point so I won't drag it out.

Edited by Mike, 09 January 2009 - 09:24 PM.

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hmmm..... :)

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

I think I just stay with Last.fm and Deezer :)
instead of trying to get access to Pandora via Proxy

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Pandora is great. Of course, if you wanted to listen to a specific song, you wouldn't use Pandora. That's not what it's there for. It is great for finding music that you may have never heard that is similar to music you like. I've discovered many of my favorite bands and songs that I would have never heard of without Pandora.