Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malwarebytes - Trojan galore in Registry files

• Please log in to reply

Nubi505

Nubi505

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I read through the self help topics and how to remove Trojan Vundo (which is what I have). I thought I got rid of this problem awhile back when I used Vundofix and it said it deleted the Vundo trojans. My computer crashed the other day so after getting help for that I was directed here and to the self help tutorials. Well, I just got done running Malwarebytes on my computer. 70 files/objects are infected with Trojan.Vundo, Trojan.Vundo.H, Trojan.BHO, or a form of adware. Most are located in my registry files: Registry Key, Registry Data, Registry Value, Memory Module, and some plain "File". I've heard it is unwise to mess with Registry Files or to delete them if you don't know what you are doing. I'm wondering if I should continue with the Removal or tell it to ignore the Trojans camping out in my registry files...

I'll be happy to post any Hijack, Malwarebytes, or some other program logs, or be redirected to another self help topic, if someone can tell me which option (Remove or Ignore) would be most effective for my situation.

Note: I am currently on my dad's computer. My computer is in safe mode with the Malwarebytes results.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Nubi505, 06 January 2009 - 08:16 PM.

Advertisements