Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Linksys

• Please log in to reply

technoob

technoob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i realize that my question may have been posted in the past, but i suck at navigating forums, so i am simply going to restate the question if it was indeed posed before.

I just got a linksys wireless internet router with the USB adapters that recieve the signal from the router. The wireless internet signal successfully transmits to my fathers MAC desktop and MAC laptop. I have windows XP on my PC and i have installed the software for the linksys on to my computer. The problem comes up when i try to connect to the network. It is set to WPA personal and i have the WEP key correct.But when i try to connect to my network it seems to be in a constant state of "acquiring network address" It can never connect. I noticed sometimes though that the connection sometimes fails to transmit to the MAC laptop. idk what the problem is, whether it be with my pc or with the router. hopefully one of you guys can help me out. Thanks A lot if you have any answers.

P.s. the exact model of my networking system is Linksys RangePlus Wireless Router.

Advertisements