Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

External hard disk

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Hello all!

I'm looking for an external hard disk worth 1 Terabyte. I need the space badly as my laptop is running out of space. I'm left with approximately 30 GB of space and its starting to slow my laptop down.

I'm using the Acer Aspire 4920 laptop bought early last year. And after about 1 year of usage, I encountered several times where the laptop just died on me because of the lack of space to run normally. So I have to boot it up and delete stuff which I didn't want to. ):

Need some recommendations to what brands to go for that can last me a long long time! What is the life expectancy of the hard disk? I'm looking for one that I can just plug in at home, and leave it plugged in and run some games from the hard disk itself instead of my internal storage hard disk in my laptop. So the core hard disk (C:\) can have more space to run smoother and faster.

What are the things that I have to consider when buying? Any recommendations to where to get them? Also, what is the estimated price range?

Jay

Help much appreciated!

Advertisements