Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account

display too large for screen

• Please log in to reply

cecek

cecek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is so simple to fix it would be embarassing if I knew how to fix it! I have a new 17" flat screen monitor. Some pages display just fine. I downloaded a new virus protection. The screen where I type in my product code came up. I can't get the section where I click "I agree" to show on my screen. I can move the page side to side but not up and down to get to it. I stuffed it in my system tray to see if I could find a solution and go back to it. Help please?

Advertisement

settlers

settlers

• Pip
  • 7 posts
not sure how savy you are but try resizing your desktop screen size to a bigger size then put it back if you dont like it and your done with this web page. To do this just on a open spot on the desktop right click and goto to properties then settings there should be a slide bar move it to the right and it apply or okay .Just repeat to put back

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Most 17-inch have a maximum screen resolution of 1280x1024. Usually the default resolution is set to that so, doing anything else but right-clicking on the tab in the task bar of the open page and choosing size, is not needed. Can you not see the Maximize/Minimize button in upper right-hand corner next to the red x (close button)? You also can right-click the short-cut Icon that open the document, choose Properties, and set the Run option to "Normal window".

cecek

cecek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
settlers,
Neat trick I didn't know about. The only drawback is if you set it too far one way, you have to reboot to have it efective, reset it and reboot. I can live with that. Thank you!

Broni

Broni

Krakůw my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What is your screen resolution set to now?

The screen where I type in my product code came up. I can't get the section where I click "I agree" to show on my screen.

What program are you talking about? Your browser?

cecek

cecek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
No, not the browser. That is okay. I was installing a new anti-virus program and the window was too large for my screen. Easily fixed, I found out.

Advertisement