Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will not power on

• Please log in to reply

xoxota

xoxota

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)

so this is in regards to my moms dell dimension e510 desktop..it has win xp..was bought new in nov' 05

she texts me this morning to say her computer "blew up"..i go over..nothing is smoking..so i assume she's crazy..i make sure everything is plugged in firmly, etc..nothing happens..the wall outlet seems to be fine as well..so i take her tower home with me and tell her i'll take a look (not really knowing what i'm gonna "look" for)

so, i get it home and think maybe her power supply just sucks..so i find a spare..and TA DA!! the tower powers up...so then i unplug it and reinsert HER power supply and nothing happens..so i figure, eh..that was easy..

then i plug MY power supply back in..and...nothing. at. all. (then i plugged and unplugged it a dozen more times for posterity..nothing happens)

i took the side cover off and made sure everything was seated properly (seemed like a good idea?)..i tried the power button and noticed it flashes yellow if i hold it in..so i assumed that the power button IS working..

and thats where i'm at..

is it the motherboard..is it the blankity blank..the hoosenhoffer...?

please help! :)

Advertisements

justingong2008

justingong2008

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
probably hardware is dead. get her a new computer. be a terrific child . lol

good luck