Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to load personal free/busy data - Outlook.pst files

• Please log in to reply

peteVA

peteVA

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Outlook takes forever to load and will never complete any process. My inbox still shows with a lot of mails, but clicking on any other folder gives this message -

Unable to load personal free/busy data. The file F:\Documents and Settings\Pete|Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

The file is not there, nor are any other .pst files.

There are several fix and restore, but I have none to fix or restore.

I can't imagine how I happened, everything was running fine. I did notice a Microsoft Update was coming in over the net. Then the power went out, the battery backup was dead, since the computer actually did no more than a reboot, it was just a blink with the power off. Maybe not time for the backup to pick up to be honest.

Anyhow, Outlook is the first thing that loads on a restart and it just sits and churns forever. After 5 minutes of Ctrl-Alt-Del I can shut it down and the rest of the machine does just fine. But nothing else will load while Outlook is grunting and groaning.

XP with Office 2000 and all the updates and service packs that have come along.

I'm dead in the water.

Please help!

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

A CRC error indicates a hard drive error. Have you tried to run an error check routine on the system? I would also check the defragmentation status of the drive. You may have developed a bad cluster where your PST file was stored. Do you have any backup routines in place?