Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pdf file

• Please log in to reply

4uz

4uz

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
tryed to open adobe file from mcafee. black adobe page loads and says; adobe could not open mcvsosns.dll because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged ( for example it was sent as a email attacement and wasn't correctly decoded. i bought mcafee online and received the product in my yahoo email. any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Are you sure the file was from mcafee? I doubt very much they would send a .dll file.

I did a search on google for this file and got "0" hits... very unlikely if it were a known/valid .dll file... especially if it was one to help you register software. If the file is supposedly from mcafee, I would contact them and ask them if/why they sent it. They shouldn't be sending a .dll file via email unless you specifically asked for it... then again, if it was a valid file, mcafee would have it on their site for download... not sending it through email!

You should never attempt to open attachments received in email unless you know for sure what they are, what they pertain to, and if the source is a valid source.

I thinks somethings up with this one! :)

Contact Mcafee!

Edited by makai, 07 January 2009 - 08:44 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
In post title, you say "pdf" file, then you say "dll" file. Which one is it?
Since there no hit on Google for mcvsosns.dll, 99% it's malicious file. Do NOT touch!

4uz

4uz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i open programs tap on mcafee and get eleven folders. MSK MSHR MSC MQC MPS etc. i open any one and there's list of files the one's with mcafee icon open. the one's with the adobe icon give what i already desribed. example tap on MSC then tap on McDBMgr.dll adobe opens with message i stated before. there's loads of adobe files. should i reinstall adobe or use something like foxit ? this happens with other program files.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What I think you're describing is an association problem, and the only problem is that the icon for the .dll files in the Mcafee folder looks like an Adobe acrobat icon. Adobe is not meant to open .dll files belonging to Mcafee. The only program that should open a .dll file is the program the .dll file belongs to, or a program that has to use the dll file, in which case, Adobe shouldn't be doing for Mcafee.

I guess you have to explain WHY you are trying to open .dll files??? Is it just because they have an Adobe icon?

4uz

4uz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
no particular reason just curious. i'll leave a question at mcafee forums see what they say. i''ll post here and let you know if they say anything about it.

4uz

4uz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
the heck with it. ithanks for your response i'll be closing this post now.

4uz

4uz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i'm back. went to adobe forums they said there system file's and some how the icon got put there. that clears up that. i'll be closing this post now. :)