Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

firefox 3 causing 100% cpu usage

• Please log in to reply

inzeo

inzeo

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
recently my comp has be dragging horribly while in firefox (last couple of days)

I open a page or click a link for tab or new window and the task manager cpu usage history graph spike to 100% and stays there for near 20-30 seconds. clearing cache and clearing private data don't seem to have any effect. I will gladly provide any answers I can.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Advertisements

AlErT

AlErT

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I am having the same problem . I had uninstalled few programs ,closed my email clients and unnecessary chat programs . Now its showing some improvement .

in my case its due to my old PC .

Edited by AlErT, 10 January 2009 - 04:39 AM.

inzeo

inzeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I reinstalled and updated Java and that has helped some, but Firefox is still funky. Old computer may be the culprit (you may have a point there.)