Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Shuts Down

• Please log in to reply

ScorpioX

ScorpioX

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a dell laptop that is about 3.5 years old. Recently, it began shutting down randomly. Sometimes it runs ok for a long time and sometimes I have to reboot several times to get it to run. The message I get when it goes to the blue screen reads as follows:

At the top it reads IROL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The technical info. at the bottom is as follows:

Stop: 0x0000000A (0xF79112B0, 0X00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804D9BBA)

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

I have a dell laptop that is about 3.5 years old. Recently, it began shutting down randomly. Sometimes it runs ok for a long time and sometimes I have to reboot several times to get it to run. The message I get when it goes to the blue screen reads as follows:

At the top it reads IROL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The technical info. at the bottom is as follows:

Stop: 0x0000000A (0xF79112B0, 0X00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804D9BBA)

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

This error seems to indicate possible RAM problems or driver problems.

To check your ram subsytem. Download Memtest86+ (link in sig) and burn the iso file to CD. If you don't have a burning program that can burn an iso file as an image. Check out the free program ImgBurn(in my sig again). It will burn an iso file as an image.

Once it is burned. Reboot your computer and boot from the CD. Let Memtest run for at least 12 hrs. You will not have access to your programs while this is running so plan it over night to lessen the impact.

If ANY errors are found, there is a problem in the ram subsystem.

Otherwise, have you installed any new drivers recently.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 08 January 2009 - 08:25 PM.

ScorpioX

ScorpioX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks, I will give that a try.

ScorpioX

ScorpioX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I believe there were drivers added when I hooked up my new I-Touch and upgraded Itunes

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

Here is a great page that details a HUGE amount about this error.

ScorpioX

ScorpioX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanks Pedro....I went to the microsoft support site you suggested and it referred me to Dell's website for a driver download. Have installed an updated driver for my wireless card and so far no more problems. I will run the memory test this weekend as well. Thanks again

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

thanks Pedro....I went to the microsoft support site you suggested and it referred me to Dell's website for a driver download. Have installed an updated driver for my wireless card and so far no more problems. I will run the memory test this weekend as well. Thanks again

Awesome, here's hoping it doesn't return. :) Glad I could help.