Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any idea how long a broken arm hurts?

• Please log in to reply

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
My cast will not allow any movement of my hand other than wiggling my fingers a little.
The pain is no where near as bad since the cast was put on (and I can not move it)
I should be over the worst of it now.
Thank you for all of the kind words.

Advertisements

xk8

xk8

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hfcg,

your arm should recover between 4-6 weeks. i'm talking about recovery. make sure as your arms starts to get better do some strength training exercises. it's monumental in full recovery and function. I've had a couple things broken so I know. :) what i also know is that you shouldn't try to be a hero. if it's hurting you a lot and especially to a point where it's consuming you then just take some pain meds. your regular tylenol can do wonders for you. your doc might be able to better direct you on this.

also depending on where your arm is broken, you could be pain free in a few days or it could take longer. key is to comfort it.

you'll be fine :)
a

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah, how you going, hfcg?