Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Toshiba Satellite Laptop Can't Install XP Home

• Please log in to reply

Tree Branch

Tree Branch

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I inherited a relatively new Toshiba Laptop with Dual-Core and 1 GB Ram. It has XP Home installed but it was corrupted. I couldn't install from the xp cd, or repair. The cd would start installing normally until 84% complete
then the error would start. Can't install this file or that file, etc.

I tried the recovery cd from Toshiba but Stop Code Errors showed up. I tried loading Linux from a Linux Live CD.
It wouldn't load up either. I finally managed to format and repartition the hard drive and tried everything again with the same predictable results. I think I'm stuck as to my next step.

Any advice will be appreciated.