Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP 4215 printer gone beserk

• Please log in to reply

klimshelf

klimshelf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HP4215 printer has worked fine for years. Now gives error "door is open". Door is not open but I open and close the door and press OK. Then get error "paper jam". There is no paper jam. I get this series of errors even when feeding just one piece of paper.

This problem is not related to the computer (running xp sp2) the printer is connected to because it also occures when the computer is turned off and I am using the printer to copy papers. Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

jopatel

jopatel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you try tuning it recently, if not then try, this may work. I am having same printer but no problem so far.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Most likely, broken sensor.

klimshelf

klimshelf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Most likely, broken sensor.

Aha. If so, this does't sound like a DIY fix or work-around. Saw similar printer at Sam's Club for $65 so that might be the best bet. Thanks for your quick reply.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sure thing. Today's printers with their prices are simply disposable products. Not worth fixing.