Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to open web pages on any browser

• Please log in to reply

cesarh73

cesarh73

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello there,

Some days ago I got verizon FIOS installed at home. It came with a couple of programs that were installed automatically.

After the activation was done, I did restart my computer a couple of times. After the second time, a DOS terminal window did pop up with a title cmd.exe and many of my files under Application data folder were erased until I manually stopped the process.

Now, none of my browsers can open some pages and this error is shown in Safari.

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.ebay.com/”. The error was: “unknown error” (CFURLErrorDomain:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Any idea how to fix this? I did restart my computer in safe mode and the browsers can open all pages.

Thank you.

Cesarh73

Attached Thumbnails

• error.JPG

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Call your ISP. You pay them to make your internet work, right?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

cesarh73

cesarh73

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Broni,
Thanks for your advise, but it was not an answer. The internet connection works, any of my internet browsers work. However, I can not open "all" websites, just some of them.
I have decided to reinstall my OS. Hopefully someone out there knows the answer to this error and will post it here.
I have not found the answer for it anywhere.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Same thing happens AFTER reinstalling Windows?

cesarh73

cesarh73

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Finally I did decide to re-install my operating system Windows XP and of course my computer is working again without trouble.

What was the trouble before, I do not think anyone will know. The same error message affects many other user but there is not an answer on how to fix the problem.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm glad, you got things going.
Thanks for posting back:)