Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Starts in loop

• Please log in to reply

jopatel

jopatel

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello to all Genious

Kindly help me to retrive my data from Fujitsu Hard drive with Windows Vista as OS.

I have Window Vista Business Edition as OS. One night it opend more then 70 IE browser and was not stoping so I hard down thinking it was brut force attack. That turned out to be a biggest problem of my life.

My hard drive stop booting after green bar and keep on booting in loop. I went into diagnostics and ran the smart scan. The following errors were documented:

Smart Long Self Test Failed
0F00:075D
MSG: IDE device failed
the self test failed the read portion of the test

Read Test Failed
0F00:0244
MSG: Block 157355265
Uncorrectable data error or media is write protected

I took my laptop to Computer repair shop, they tried to connect my Dell Inspririon 1520 Laptop Hard drive externally, The Drive did recognise by the other machines but as soon as it try to read and their machines started going in to loop reboot and restarting system. We attached the HD with USB as well as IDE cord but same thing.

People I am my self Helpdesk Analyst so know little bit more then average person. :) :) I have search all the places but not found any answer and not sure if some one will able to help me or not as I am thinking if the drive keeps on booting in loop then is it possible to retrieve the data?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I will be thank full to you for rest of my life.

Thanks
Jyo

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
These are signs that the drive is mechanically and electronically defunct, therefore the only chance you stand of getting anything off of it is by sending it away for professional data recovery. This is not cheap and it's not guaranteed either. What they'd have to do is physically disassemble the drive and go from there depending on what needs doing. Do not do this yourself as dust in the environment will kill the drive as soon as you open it.

It's all very well the drive booting and then looping but it the system won't stay on long enough to do anything, it's not a good starting point.

jopatel

jopatel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Neil

Thanks for the info, I figured that much but I looking for chance besides that...

I still searching the answer, if any one out there, please help me.