Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't remove programs from my computer

• Please log in to reply

eharas

eharas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
An ex roommate of mine, did something to my computer and now when I go to remove a program, I do not have that capability. The button has completely disappeared, how else can I do this, or how do I restore this function? Now (separate issue) I've got some type of virus/adware on my computer and I really need this function to clean up my system.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

how else can I do this, or how do I restore this function? Now (separate issue) I've got some type of virus/adware on my computer and I really need this function to clean up my system.

Hello eharas and welcome to Geeks To Go

I am unsure how to fix your first issue but I do have a possible workaround. I would like you to try a 3rd party uninstaller called Revo Uninstaller which can be found here and see if that helps you in anyway.

Onto the virus issue, I reccomend that you post this problem in our malware removal forum. Please read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)

Regards